The Vascular Autonomic Signal (VAS) is a means to read autonomic nervous system responses to stimuli (including medical frequencies). The VAS offers a means for pulse-guided assessment that can make the difference between an educated guess and gaining access to the most privileged information the nervous system has to offer.
Your hands-on practice in this confidence-building workshop will be guided by demonstrations covering various contexts (e.g. for many clinical approaches). All designed for you to gain a breadth of experience and develop solid grounding in VAS palpation.
- Find and validate active points
- Detect VAS over areas of scars, inflammation, other dysfunctions
- Check for dominance
- Learn useful clinical applications for VAS
Details & Agenda
For dates, times and location options, please see "Dates/Locations" tab.
Pre-requisite: Although not required, The VAS lecture and practice within Level 1, or the separate VAS palpation course are helpful prep in ramping up your VAS skills to take greater advantage of the workshop.
Required Materials: None.
Course Type: Classroom instruction with practical demonstrations and guided hands-on practice
Instructor: Dave Maybe, RMT
CEUs/PDAs: 6 CEUs as approved by NCCAOM and the California Acupuncture Board
• Welcome, introductions, learning expectations/outcomes (15 mins)
• Case Study: Endometriosis, laser and the VAS (15 mins)
• Applications: The many applications of the VAS as a diagnostic tool (15 mins)
• Focus practice – Qigong (15 mins)
• Getting the pulse – practice (15 mins)
• Find and validate one active point – demo and practice (15 mins)
10:45-12:00 | Demonstration of simple methods to detect the VAS
• Laser over a stressed organ or scar
• Checking dominance - Procaine over GV 4 - using Bahr 3 & 4 at Point 0
• Finding active areas on the body; scars, inflammation, other dysfunctions
• Qigong for focusing (15 mins)
• Practice Simple VAS methods (1.25 hrs)
• Demonstration and practice
• Getting specific – more applications of the VAS
All courses take place 9:00 am - 4:30 pm. Dates/locations from which to select and attend are as follows:
May 28 in Truro
New Story Empowerment Center
41 Forrester St, Truro
Nova Scotia B2N 4B3, Canada
July 2 in Cambridge
1798a Mass Ave
Cambridge, MA 02140, USA
July 9 in New York City
Make Everyday a Great Day LLC
247 West 38th St., Suite 906
New York, NY 10018, USA
Please make travel arrangements accordingly to be on time for the 9:00 am start.